My family & I are in the midst of grieving the loss of my young mom. She died, unexpectedly, in her sleep. She was only 65. She died of a broken heart, literally & figuratively. Her heart could not fight on any longer. Though her spirit was so willing to do so. There is evidence of her efforts to help others even in her last days. She poured herself into the betterment of others, that they would live abundant, vibrant lives. Her body could not keep up with her noble agenda. This is the reality of this world.
Many have tried to console me by saying things that have comforted them. "It was God's timing" or "He took her home". I beg to differ. It's in my nature......
Since I was a young girl I have had an ever developing relationship with God through Jesus. I have gotten to know Him. I have studied the bible. I am not claiming to know it all, nor be an expert theologian. I do have confidence, though, that God HATES death. He has victory over it. He doesn't partner with it. Nor is He subject to it. We are. We are dying. Some of us are in crazy agreement with it. We need to be rescued. To say that it was "His timing" lends to the idea that she was "meant" to leave, "meant" to die. It is just too vague of a statement for me and disregards the real truth that she was meant to LIVE. We all are meant to live.
God mourns with us when death occurs. He is not "ok" with it. I am saddened that she's not living, not so much that I have loss. Yes, I miss her. But, the grief comes from the depths of knowing that I want life for her. I want life for all my loved ones. Life is precious and highly valued by God.
Unlike us, God has a complete understanding of it all. We can only understand a fragment of what is really going on. He allowed death to have it's moment with my mom. Death brought her to new life. She stepped into an eternity of full glory and joy. God makes beauty from ashes, turns bad things into good things....great things. I think that is why people have tried to say to me what has comforted them. Statements that help grasp some kind of understanding on a very spiritual event. I have immeasurable peace because of my faith. I am comforted knowing, without doubt, that my mom is in the presence of God. That is my comfort and consolation.
God also allows death to confront us. How else would we see the necessity of His offer? He offers life. He is in the business of restoring what was lost. A joyful eternity. A beautifully unfallen, created world. A well lived, supernaturally powered present. Death reared it's ugly face, yet it is the confrontation we need to see how Great God truly is. Not for His sake, but for our sake. He loves us so much that He takes great measures to reach our souls.
Do you know that you can live life safe from death's grip? Do you consider that there is an eternity awaiting you? What is your take on death and the afterlife? and from where have you drawn your conclusions? I encourage you to contemplate this topic. You could check out juststopandthink.com and get a lot of questions answered. Or refer to a good friend that can help find biblical answers. Search the bible. Truth awaits you. I want life for you. God wants life for you. So much so that He rectified our sin, our consequence of death. "For God so loved the world that He sent His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting LIFE." John 3:16 This is a simple, yet compelling, truth that death thinks we will ignore. Grace to you and the life you pursue!
In loving memory of my mom, Linda, and her pursuit of a vibrant, abundant life.
No comments:
Post a Comment