The practice of "letting go" is my theme for the this past year. We said our goodbyes much to soon to my mother who died February 2nd. Her life ended well, in her sleep, peacefully. She was 65. It was an unforeseen event that shocked all of us and confronted all of us. I felt powerless, I wanted to do something to change the outcome. She left her mark in this world and with so many people. I want more marks..... She is gone. Let go.
Our oldest son, Tim, is now 13. (Let go). He is far more mature than he needs to be. He is caught up in skateboarding at the moment. He is daring & courageous. And, just like every other sport he attempts, he is extremely talented. I really enjoy his presence...just having him in the room or sharing an inside joke is pure joy in my heart.
Toby, our 10 year old, is in tackle rugby this season. (Let go). We were surprised at the season opener scrimmage....our little toothpick is a scrapper. He tackled big opponents without a second thought. I couldn't help but consider his thought process..."got a job to do. so do it." Off the field he is everyone's friend. At home he is our "manny". He is the most nurturing big brother to his baby sister. My heart swells knowing there is a lot of love in him.
Tyler is now 6 1/2. He started touch rugby. (Let go a little). He is our introvert. Able to play alone and make the mundane a playground. He is a happy guy with creative ideas. He is also learning to speak up for himself since he is at the bottom of the pecking order. He still needs us for bedtime tucking, though, which some days can be an adorable way to complete a day's work.
Our baby girl, Tori, is 1. Gosh she is cute. She has a sweetness in her that softens even the most rugged of personalities. Babies have great understanding and she shows that everyday by sorting things or taking things to the trash. If she gets the remote or phone she thinks she is "bigtime". Our family is complete.
James is still the one to seek for home loans and personal finance advice. I am impressed with his tenacity, always. It is not an easy business. But, like all challenges in life, it is rewarding. James went on a few adventures this year, too. (Yes...let go). He went on a short term mission trip to Mozambique and served the local children & villages. He & Toby went on a spontaneous hiking trip to Yosemite with friends. This was a huge blessing for my man since he had not ever been there before! I am so native that fact still blows my mind. Then in November he got a long weekend away in Colorado with church buddies. He is blessed.
As for me, I am at a loss for words. I love what I do and I do what I love. It has to be that simple or I would lose my mind. Adventures await me, projects call my name, but I am settled in these moments of the "noble art of leaving things undone".
Merry Christmastime ;o) and Happy New Year! May you all experience Love in new ways, Joy in new moments, and Hope in the new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment